Soundkeeper applied and was just awarded a $2,000 grant from the Whole Kids Foundation to be used for the establishment of a school garden program at a school within the Long Island Sound Watershed Area (school yet to be determined). This project aims at creating the environmental stewards of the future, to teach young students […]
Click on link above and then click here to access Waterkeeper website for magazine download
Soundkeeper Intervenes in Zoning Board Application on subject of Yacht Haven West Replacement Boatyard
Soundkeeper legal intervenor Reed Super made a presentation to the Stamford Zoning Board on Jan. 25th, arguing that Building and Land Technologies (BLT) proposed Davenport/Magee boatyards replacement site is not a viable option to replace the Yacht Haven West (YHW) boatyard which was illegally terminated several years ago. Mr. Super presented evidence that overwhelmingly demonstrates […]
Soundkeeper is providing additional support to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service in seeking volunteers to serve as environmental stewards at the Great Meadows Marsh in Stratford, CT. The marsh, which is a unit of the Stewart B. McKinney National Wildlife Refuge off of Long Beach Blvd in Stratford, is one of the most important […]
This is a cartoon published in the Stratford Star recently honoring Terry Backer. Courtesy of the HAN Network.
- Obama signs national microbeads ban as Senator Murphy praises Terry Backer’s advocacy
- New York Times article on Terry Backer
- Terry Backer passes away after long fight with cancer
- Over 2,500 Vessel Pumpouts Completed during 2015 Boating Season
- Soundkeeper Pumpout Program passes 2,000 completions this season
- Soundkeeper in the news to protect the Sound from power plant cooling systems
- Soundkeeper Sues the State of New York for Failure to Issue a Modern Permit at Northport Power Station
- Soundkeeper Pumpout Boats passes 1,500 vessel pumpouts this 2015 boating season!
- Hardcopy SoundScaping Booklets Now Available by Request
- Soundkeeper’s 2015 Pumpout Program is a convenient way to keep the Sound clean